Overview of the Intermediate PC Software Engineer role at WDI
WDI designs, engineers and manufactures innovative microscopy automation solutions. Solutions include OEM components as well as complete optomechanic and optoelectronic sub-systems. Our products range from compact autofocus sensors and automated microscopy modules to end user IR imaging systems. WDI’s technology helps individuals and companies in a wide variety of industries including Life Science, Biomedical Imaging, Machine Vision and Electronics/Semiconductor Manufacturing. Our solutions are currently used by well know organizations such as Intel, Corning, Apple, Samsung and LG.
All of these products have embedded software and are driven by PC software applications that use software development kits. The Intermediate PC Software Engineer plays a vital role in development of new and in support of existing product software & firmware.
Role and Responsibility
- Develop Windows applications and libraries controlling WDI products and third party components used in WDI products.
- Review product documentation to ensure accuracy of the documentation
- Assist Application Engineers in reproducing and investigation of issues reported by customers
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient with C/C++
- Familiar with C#
- Proficient with Visual Studio
- Familiar with National Instruments LabWindows (good to have)
- Familiar with JIRA, Jenkins, Subversion (good to have)
- Required Qualifications
- University diploma in a technical/software discipline (Physics, Math, Computer Science, Electronics, etc.).
- 5 + years of software development experience.